Note: For privacy reasons, living people are not identified in this blog without permission.

Cheers!

If you would like to be contacted about a comment, you must leave me a way to reach you. Please include your email address. Thank you!

Follow This Blog!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Irish Heritage and Paul T. McLaughlin

Paul T. McLaughlin is a McLaughlin/Maxwell cousin of mine and he, like me, is definitely not shy about his willingness to share his information.  Again, I disclose that for living people, my privacy policy follows that of Ancestry.com except when someone approves that they want to be revealed.

Below is a recent message that I received from Paul indicating where his collection is now located.

Thank you Paul for sharing this!

-------------------------------------------------------------


Hi,

As I was researching one of my other interests, I came across the American Heritage Center which is part of the University of Wyoming in Laramie. WY.  It is one of the most respected archival centers in the states.  What caught my attention was that they have an Irish-American center so I thought of you.

I have been working with them most of this year and contributed my collection of sixty nine years to them this summer.  I've longed for and finally found a place where my collection will be available for posterity, if anyone is interested.  What took so long was that I could never find a place to dedicate it until I surfed across a posting they had about Martin Jensen, with whom I worked back in 1942, had  donated his papers to them 2 years before he died.  That was all I needed.  I contacted them and they were as anxious to get my collection as I was to get it to them.

Anyway, you might want to check into their Irish-American Center.

Cheers

Cuz
(Paul T. McLaughlin)

No comments:

Post a Comment