Note: For privacy reasons, living people are not identified in this blog without permission.

Cheers!

If you would like to be contacted about a comment, you must leave me a way to reach you. Please include your email address. Thank you!

Follow This Blog!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Coughlin's - Part 3

When using a Census to do research, it is recommended that you also look at all of he people listed on the same page and even look at the page before plus the page after.  There you will find the neighbors, community members, and sometimes, relatives.

The transcribed information for the area of Ballyvannan where I find my Coughlin's and McMahon's in the 1901 Census, also indicates several Minogues.  I have to then question if there is any connection to the Hickey's and Minogues living near Mountshannon.  I further wonder if Johanna Coughlin of Ballyvannan, Clare, had any passing knowledge of her husband, Patrick Hickey of Derrycon before they immigrated to the U.S. where they were later married. 

One big clue to this is the two generations indicated in Bodyke RC Church records of this family line from Revail who's children have Minogue sponsors for their baptisms.   Now, I have to wonder if the name Minogue in this part of County Clare is like the name Smith in the U.S., or am I onto something.
Maybe someone knows........?

No comments:

Post a Comment